There are plenty of drinks from our youth that bring back a nostalgic time when we were much more care free, here are 5 – how many do you remember?
- Tab Cola – Clear and fizzy but not quite as cola flavoured as its caramel coloured counterpart – inspired by a Red Army leader and designed to destroy both itself and Pepsi Crystal they fizzled out together rather quickly leaving a burnt Pepsi licking its wounds.
- Panda Pop – a range of cheap fizzy drinks sold to children for their pocket money and in cheap bars as a mixer, it came in a variety of colours and flavours which didnt necessarily all match.
- American Cream Soda – still widely available but mostly out of fashion again, this vanilla flavoured sparkling water remains possibly one of my least favourite drinks.
- Orangina – Still widely available not so much in the glass bottle which is a shame because it doesnt taste as nice from a plastic bottle. It was the posh fizzy orange you had as a treat when you went out for a meal.
- Irn Bru – Popular in Scotland this bright orange flavoured drink remains their second favourite drink apparently, i’ve never quite understood it myself unfortunately.
If you would like to grab a copy of my book and support my writing it is available in both print and kindle version check out the links below. Donate to your favourite charity when you buy my book using Amazon Smile!