Working in a warm office or climate means that some of us sweat a lot, its important to keep cool and be aware of your body. Bacteria build up on the skin is very common and only one of the reasons why we smell when we sweat, when we are ill we smell different again as the adrenaline is pumping round your body trying to help cure you, the smell is a mixture of hormones, your skin and external factors like environment. Here are 5 tips to help you deal with those sweaty days:
- Baby wipes – perfect for staying fresh, they clean everything off so you can reapply your deodorant. Its also helpful for full body sweats as you can still wipe yourself down if needs be. Anti-bacterial wipes and gel do just as well.
- Deodorant – not to be confused with antiperspirant which is what stops you from sweating, this is a often an innocuous scent for your underarms which wears off in about 8 hours. I have very sensitive skin so its quite hard for me to find one that lasts long enough and smells nice without making me come out in a burnt rash.
- Antiperspirant – There are several types all block your skin so you cant really sweat, this can cause allergic skin rashes and serious itching, its not something I would recommend speaking from personal experience.
- Drink plenty of water – sounds counter intuitive but you will dehydrate if you sweat a lot so you need to be replacing that water to help keep you cool as well and that reduces the sweating. If the room is warm make sure you up the intake even more, your body will be working twice as hard to keep cool.
- Loose fitting clothing – wearing a uniform all day is a pain for me as none of its lovely breathable skin friendly stuff, its all clingy man made fabrics which are not great for staying sweat free.
So there you have it, remember the difference between deodorant and antiperspirant its important, and above all stay hydrated, your body and your brain will thank you I promise.