Sitting down and thinking of my top 5 favorite dishes is actually quite difficult because of the variety of food in the world, so to help me narrow it down I’ve decided on all time favourites thus meaning I can pick from a few different styles and no one gets left out! So in no particular order here are my top 5 favourite dishes.
- Lasagne – one of my favourite dishes ever and comes in a variety of different diet suiting recipes veggie, vegan or otherwise.
- Jack fruit curry – I had this when I was sailing down the river Ganges, they made it in a tiny galley kitchen on the boat, i sadly didn’t get the recipe but I urge you to try jack fruit curry, it has an almost chicken like texture and genuinely feels like you are eating a meat curry, my mum also remains obsessed with the memory unable to recreate it.
- Sausage casserole – another highly adaptable dish, I prefer meat sausages but you can now get plant based if you prefer.
- Crispy duck and fried noodles or nice with plum sauce, I always order this as I never have the duck in the house.
On a side note – anything Korean particularly bibimbap.
- Pancakes – I’m not really fussy if they are fluffy or crepe, i like both sweet and savoury, bacon and maple syrup, anything really. Its now a very adaptable dish with plenty of plant based options for everyone to try.
Thats my top 5 favourite dishes, what would you choose for yours? Join the conversation at facebook.com/onlynomeswriting or twitter.com/onlynomesforyou or leave a comment below, I’d love your thoughts!